Skip to main content

Me

Some random facts about me...

I believe...

...that travel should be a part of life
...that laughing til you cry is one of the best feelings in the world
...that a glass of wine a day will keep the doctor away
...that I could be a vegetarian only if I was allowed two cheat days a month
...that there should be one line in every airport/store for people who have their shit together
...that everyone will eventually find that one special person to share their life with
...that, someday, everything will make perfect sense
...that a well-tailored suit is to women what lingerie is to men

Me (R) and my bestie Alexa (L) in London...miss you!

I...

...have a twin sister
...can hold a serious grudge. Most of the time, for about five minutes
...really want a french bulldog puppy
...am addicted to tv. and reading.
...would do anything for my friends and family
..."train" for half marathons bc if I didn't have a goal, I prob wouldn't work out
...eat when I'm hungry. or unhappy. or bored.
...love afternoon naps, especially on rainy days
...am a lover, not a fighter but I will fight for what I love
...am not who I was before.

Comments

  1. We have lots of the same beliefs :) especially about the airport.. dont' even get me started andddd I'm the same way with my workouts... defffffinitly need a goal so I just keep signing up for races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the airport, take your laptop out of your bag! ANd I'm signed up for races and I'm still slacking off right now. I have a 10K next weekend and a half marathon at the end of March, but I've only run a handful of times since my race in Austin. sigh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...