Skip to main content

(T)winning weekend recap

I love long weekends. Especially when somebody comes to visit. I don't get out much, so when somebody comes into town it's my excuse to go out and have fun!

The weather was pretty crappy Friday and Saturday. There was so. much. rain. on Friday that I thought my run would be canceled. But it wasn't. It was mainly misty and overcast on Saturday. All twin had wanted to do was sit by the pool on Saturday and we couldn't. It had barely rained in the past few months and then she comes in to town and bam. Monsoon.

If you ever come to visit me, we have to go to Max's Wine Dive for brunch. Amazing. I had eggs benedict and mimosas. We were sitting right by the huge batch of mimosas they make. Unfortunately, they no longer offer bottomless. Boo.
All the mimosas.


Lets face it. It's almost always all about the food. So later on Saturday we stopped by Pinkberry for a snack. So what if it was 6pm and we hadn't had dinner yet?
When I asked twin where she wanted to go while she was here, she said Pinkberry and Sprinkles. We are so alike.
After running 10 miles in the early am and then going out for brunch and some shopping, we decided to take it easy Saturday night and just watch some tv. We don't get to see each other more than a handful of times a year, so it's nice sometimes to just hang out.

Ugh. Sunday morning's breakfast taco debacle. I wanted Tacos a go go. But when we got there, they told us it was a 30-40 minute wait once we ordered. And twin just doesn't understand about breakfast tacos so we went to Cafe Express by Dry Bar. Not. even. close. Major fail on my part.

Omg. drybar. I love this place. It just opened maybe 10 days ago. They offer monthly memberships. I am so in trouble. I love a good blow out, would go all the time if it wasn't for all the running that would ruin the pretty hair. We had appointments at noon and the staff and stylists were amazing. And there were more mimosas!


Such pretty hair.
Now it was time for some serious shopping. We were getting pictures taken at 6:30pm and even after my online shopping binge I still had nothing to wear. Of course we ended up at Nordstroms. And I found a great pair of jeans. That were way too long. No problem, the sales associate said, we can hem them. For tonight? Her face fell a little bit, but then she smiled. Sutre, they'll be ready in an hour. Way to go Nordstroms. We were supposed to be looking for dresses to wear to our cousin's wedding in two weeks, but, well, we didn't really have enough time.
The tailored my jeans in under an hour!

We went down to Discovery Green at 6pm. I like to be early. Out photographer was a few minutes late though, and a little weird. And I was pretty annoyed when she told me it would take 3-4 weeks to get the photos back. We wanted to get them done to give a few to our mom, but really just bc it's fun to get dressed  up and we don't have too many random pics of us. But it was also a test run for me as I'm looking for photographers for some upcoming work projects. Unless it's a wedding, it shouldn't take that long to get pics back. So she may be a no go for my work stuff. Unless her pictures are amazing.
Discovery Green
Now that it was almost time for twin to go home, Monday was beautiful. So instead of having breakfast, we put on our swimsuits and went down to the pool. It was pretty nice out for Houston - low to mid 80s - but for twin that is hot. So we only last about an hour. Hopefully the sun is out this weekend so I can work on my tan for this wedding!

After the pool, she packed up and so did I! I put together everything I had bought over the past week and thankfully most of it is going back to the store. We took a quick trip down to Sprinkles and she bought a six pack to take home and share with the fam. Then it was off to the airport and time to say goodbye.

Finally got some pool time in on Monday.

This is my return pile!

Much needed sugar fix after the twin's departure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon.