Skip to main content

A look back at last week

So last week my goal was to cook every day. And what did I do that first night? Went to Berryhill. But oh how I love it there. After that I was relatively good though.

Tuesday night after the Local Pour run I made my new favorite chicken salad the cheater way - we bought already cooked and shredded chicken and guacamole bc there were no ripe avocados.

Wednesday night there were some fights on and one of our friends was looking for a home cooked meal so I made the one dish salmon again, this time adding in two pieces of salmon pinwheels that had feta and spinach in them...amazing.

Thursday night I was feeling pretty lazy...so I picked up some read-to-bake pizza from the Fresh Market and a bottle of red...which I drank in it's entirety as we watched Lawless. Oops.


I know I was pretty decent with lunch too, although I can barely remember what I ate. Except for Weds when I had a lunch meeting at Dish Society. So good. I had a chicken pesto sandwich with goat cheese and a side of brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze and bacon. Yum. Definitely need to go back there soon. Don't be surprised if all of my upcoming lunch meetings happen here.

Then it was my last spring Friday. I will totally miss having every other Friday off. It was nice to just hang out and do nothing. Until the water in my apartment complex got shut off so they could fix a water main. That led to lunch out at Salata - love that place with their cheap, healthy salads and wraps. We hung out (I napped for two hours) before heading down the street to surprise, surprise El Tiempo for dinner. It had been a minute since I'd had the chicken quesadillas (not bc we hadn't been in a while, I've just been trying new things), so S and I split those. When we got back to my place after dinner I still didn't have any water! So rude. It was almost 10pm. When I called 311 for info, they told me midnight! But it came back on not long after that.

When did this turn into a food blog? More about running and everything else soon, I swear.

Saturday morning I had to be up and out of the house early to meet Erin and drive out to College Station-ish to attend a memorial service for a woman who used to sit on our Board of Directors. I didn't know her well, but I was happy I went. The service was beautiful.


I finally got to spend some time at the pool on Sunday and then we went to Pistoleros for dinner with E & G. Had never been there before, it was pretty good. $3 margaritas for happy hour...good thing they're not like the El Tiempo margs bc we had quite a few.

So after all that eating relatively healthy last week, I only worked out three times. I ran Monday, Tuesday and Sunday and that was it. Wait, did I run Monday? I think so. So now I have to combine the two. Need to go grocery shopping for this week and set my running/rowing schedule. Slowly but surely. I'll get there. The goal this week is to run at least 15 miles and go to at least two row classes. We'll see how this goes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f