Skip to main content

Running is hard

I've been trying to run more and it's slowly getting better.

For the past few months, I've been having tightness in my hips when I run. I just started going to hot yoga a few weeks ago and it really seems to help. 

On Tuesday I ran with a group at Luke's Locker's Social Run and did my 4 miles at an 8:51 pace...this was a day after a hard workout at the gym so even though it was slower than last week, I was still pretty happy with it. Especially that last 8:20 mile. I always push hard at the end of group runs. Eveything is a competition to me and I'm kind of ok with that. 

Wednesday was just Yoga and then Thursday I did am yoga, tried to run a few miles and then did pm yoga too. I went for a run by my apt, I haven't been running over here lately, and my hips were locking up again. Maybe it's the sidewalks by my place that bother me so much. I was so excited to move somewhere where I could run and now it bothers my hips? Ugh. 

It was a very light running week for me otherwise. I took Friday and Saturday off and just did yoga bc I was supposed to run a half Sunday morning. Well. Life for in the way and I did not make it to the start line. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get to run, my short runs have been going so well I wanted to see how long I could hold that kind of pace. 

Not sure when the next half is tho, so it may be time to just focus on the shorter 5 and 10ks that are coming up. Speed work, gym work, yoga...sounds like a plan to me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...