Skip to main content

Weekend recap

It was one busy weekend, well kind of. And I'm still exhausted!

Saturday morning E and I met up for the group run at 6:35 am. We went out with the five hour group and the way out, the first 2.5 miles, felt amazing. I was loose, it was easy. But at the turn around point was a clover leaf. You know, one of those highway ramp systems. It means hills. And we ran it. It wasn't that hard. But it was only my third run in training. So the way back was rough. It was hot and humid and I pretty much died.

So after we finished the run, E and I went and got gatorade and more water. We needed to replenish bc we were going to a 10:00 am rowing class with K! Talk about a busy morning. So we get to this class and the instructor is telling us what to do and it starts and we're moving along and all I can think is man, this is hard. But E and K seemed fine, so I didn't want to say anything. Finally, more than halfway through the class, I ask E how to adjust the tension. I think she says - yours isn't set that high - but what she really said was - I have no idea. So thinking that I'm just being a wimp I continue and don't say anything else. Even though I'm really struggling to keep pace with the class. Finally it's over. I get up, look at the side of my machine and it's set on 10. The hardest setting. Oops.

They all have plans, so no brunch for me. Which, let's face it, is the better option anyway. So I get back home, eat quick, shower and then decide to lay down...outside by the pool. But it's so hot I can't really sleep and now I can feel the headache coming on. I don't know why it happens. I'd been thinking it was a dehydration thing. But at this point, I've already had three waters and a gatorade, so who knows. I wander back to my apartment, take another shower and lay down on the couch. So happy I have nothing to do for the rest of the day. I know I should be packing, but I'm just so tired. Finally, I take a nap and when I wake up (at 7pm) my headache is gone. I did pack a little when I finally opened the bottle of win E gave me for my housewarming. I was back in bed by 11 and so happy for sleep.

But for some reason I just can't sleep in on Sunday. So disappointing.

Haircut FAIL
I make my way over to the Galleria for a 1:00pm haircut I have scheduled at Visible Changes. I'd never been, but I was looking for cheaper than what I had paid at the last salon in Houston ($60), and somebody had mentioned this place. I knew as soon as I walked in that I probably should have just turned around and left. There were literally 30 people waiting to get their hair cut. When my stylist finally comes to get me, she has this long, grown out, 80s perm looking hair. Ah, really? So I tell her all I'm really looking for is a trim and show her a picture of a blunt cut with a long bang. Somewhere along the line I think she asked me if I wanted some texture to give my hair some body. Sure, why not. I have fine hair. And somehow I end up with what could nicely be described as the Rachel and, on a bad hair day, could probably be a mullet. WTF Houston?
This looks nothing like the Rachel. sigh.
To end the weekend, we all had to go to a work event - our Committee Dinner. Even though we've been working on the 2014 race since right after the 2013 race, this is basically the kick off to marathon season for us. We get together with the 125 Committee members, basically our super volunteers, and talk about what we've been working and what things might change for the approaching race. It was another early night after the dinner ended, in bed by 11, but somehow I am still tired. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f