Skip to main content

Dreadmill

Why do I hate the treadmill so much? Is it just the monotony? It's just so boring. And why do I always feel like I'm sprinting, no matter what the speed is set on?

It was easier in CT when my gym had tv screens in all of the treadmills and I could watch Sports Center or even bravo if I wanted. Four or five days a week for seven weeks I ran on the treadmill, training for the NYC Half. I would jump on the treadmill for anywhere from 45-85 minutes. And it was easy. Boring. But easy.

In my apartment complex now, where I've been using their treadmills, they do have TVs mounted in two of the corners. But they only get abc, nbc and cbs. And there is never any sound, just subtitles. I guess I'm spoiled.

Some of the people who come in while I"m there are just plain weird too. A woman got on the elliptical next to me last night and she smelled like a mexican restaurant. Then there's this guy. He sets the speed way too fast for himself and he will run for, oh, about a minute and then put his hands down on the rails and take all of the weight off his feet even though he's still "running" for about 30 seconds and then he'll go back to running again. I don't get it. Just slow down.

It is (slightly) easier for me to run on the treadmill though. Where I am now with my running I'm only going 20-30 minutes at a time. I'm always so tired. And if I'm on a treadmill, for some reason, it's easier for me not to stop. I've been walking a lot during my runs at the park lately. So I guess I just have to take what I can get.

E will hopefully be back from injury in a few weeks and we can start running together again. Maybe that will get me out of this running funk.


Comments

  1. I'm not a fan of treadmills either. Unless they have the tv on it where I can distract myself with Bravo/Hgtv!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...