Skip to main content

Weekend recap

It was one of my Friday's off this past weekend, so my weekend started Thursday after work. I caught up with G Money at lunch on Thursday and had an amazing blue cheeseburger with pork belly at HEB's Table 57 restaurant. I went in telling myself this couldn't be a long lunch...and then we talked work and track for two hours. Whoops. Thursday night we made the portobellos stuffed with italian sausage...love those. And the house smells like pizza when we make them haha.

Friday was nice and relaxing. After going to yoga and giving Lola a bath I spent a few hours at the pool and then went for a short run. Initially I wanted to run four miles, but at the last minute I got a 5K entry for Saturday morning's Heights 5K so I just took it easy. Made another batch of the spinach and basil pesto, this time over spinach tortellini. So easy and so good.

The alarm came early Saturday morning and I was out the door for the run. I had no idea what to expect I would run pace-wise. I've been running again, but not consistently and with summer heating up my pace has been all over the place. It ended up being not that bad and in the last half mile I passed up S who was pacing in somebody for work. It was amazing haha and the only time I will ever beat him in a race. It was an early race so I was able to make it to 10am hot yoga and then again hung out by the pool for a while. I heart summer. I talked K into dinner at El Tiempo, where apparently if you order a la carte, everything gets its own plate. I was the fat girl at the table with two plates a drink and all the chips and queso. Then I met some friends at Revelry where we played the biggest game of Jenga ever. And I wasn't the one who toppled it! #Score

Skipped all the workouts on Sunday due to too many margaritas and Moscow mules and ended up at the pool for four hours. So much sunburn. Whoops. But I met some of my neighbors and finally it wasn't old people or kids, so I hung out with them until I had to go inside to do a bit of work. More Mexican food for dinner and more margaritas made for a good end to the weekend.

Can't wait for the end of this week now when AA shows up...I haven't seen her since I left CT.
Good drinks. Good friends. Good times.

Pork belly is my new favorite...Blue cheeseburger with pork belly at Table 57

Sausage stuffed portobello

Another bath, really? I feel like we just did this last week...

Homemade spinach and basil pesto over tortellini with salmon

Heights 5K aka the only race I'll ever beat teamdumtruck in haha


Hot 60

Pooped after that 30 mins walk

El Tiempo ftw

When you order a la carte everything gets its own plate...

...and you look like you're eating for two #fail

Moscow Mules

Biggest game of jenga ever



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Insurance process

Ok, so who has ever had their place broken into? First I filed the police report. Then after I actually had a handle on what really was missing I amended the police report. I gathered all of the documentation I could find for the things that were missing - it's amazing how often I just throw away the receipts - and sent that along with an itemized list to the insurance company. Now what? How long will this take? The one guy I spoke to said that they have 15 days to process the claim, but that it usually gets done sooner. Will I hear from them in the meantime? I called my new apartment complex yesterday. I am supposed to be moving on August 31 but naturally I want to get out of here as soon as possible. They told me the current tenant moves out on the 19th and that they may be able to get me in that weekend - the 24th or 25th. They were going to check on a few things and let me know. That would be fantastic. I'm not necessarily afraid to be in my current apartment. But I...