Skip to main content

Favorite easy recipes

Ok, so here's the deal. These are my go to recipes that I make on a regular basis. At some point there were actual recipes involved, but now I just kind of wing it and throw everything together. It just depends on how much garlic you want that night (a lot) or how much sriracha should be on that salmon (enough to make you sweat, but not enough to make your eyes water).

I will clearly never be a food writer, but take a look at the recipes below, everything is basically to taste...


Healthy chicken salad
1 Chicken breast
Nonfat Greek yogurt
garlic
avocado
spinach
tomatoes

I always bring my chicken to a boil, if fresh, for 20 mins total in the pot, wait for it to cool and then pull apart. In the mean time, mix two spoonfuls of the yogurt with half an avocado (whole avocado if it's small), half a clove of garlic, spinach and tomatoes. Mix in the chicken when it's cool and that's it!

Sriracha glazed salmon
1 salmon fillet
sriracha
brown sugar

Mix some sriracha in bowl with two tablespoons of brown sugar. Place salmon in tinfoil-covered glass dish and coat with the glaze. Bake in the over at 425 for 18 mins.

1 lb Brussel Sprouts
Chop brussel sprouts in half, place in glass dish and coat with olive oil and garlic salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20 mins, remove from oven, mix and drizzle with sriracha and honey, place back in over for another 20-25 mins.

Salmon rice bowl
This works with either salmon sashimi or baked salmon, both are really good.

1 salmon fillet (.4-.6 lbs)
brown rice (90 second microwave bag - 1/2 per person)
avocado
soy sauce
wasabi
egg

Bake the salmon at 425 for 18 mins. In the meantime, cook the rice. Poach an egg - I use poach pods, place the egg in the poach pod, put the pod into boiling water, cover and reduce to simmer for 4 minutes. Mix soy sauce with a chunk of wasabi and then mix that into the rice. Slice the avocado into the bowl, put the egg in and then add the salmon once done.

Baked chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 oz Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I never use all of it)
garlic salt
red pepper flakes

Mix ingredients together and coat chicken breasts. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

Salmon with homemade arugula pesto, asparagus and almonds

Pesto -
2 cups of packed arugula leaves, stems removed
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (I did not use this much)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
garlic
salt and pepper

Put everything but the olive oil in the food processor and chop, then slowly add in the olive oil.

Cook 1 pound of pasta, saute some asparagus, or just throw it in the oven with your salmon, combine all ingredients and sprinkle with almonds. 

Salmon and quinoa panzanella
1 salmon fillet 
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (microwave 90 second pouch)
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes 
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used about half the dressing)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 
 
Bake salmon and cook quinoa, chop veggies, mix red wine vinegar and oil and combine all. 

that corn
2 tbsp garlic butter
three ears of corn
2 tbsp feta cheese

Melt butter over medium heat, add corn and feta, saute for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sausage stuffed portobello with avocado and cucumber salad

Two portobello mushroom caps
Three links mild/sweet Italian sausage
panko crumbs
garlic

Heat oven to 425. Remove sausage from casing and mix with panko crumbs and garlic. Fill each mushroom and bake for 18 minutes. PS - your kitchen will smell like sausage pizza.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f