Skip to main content

wtf Houston

WTF is wrong with people? Seriously.

I left my apartment at like 9:30 last night to run to the store. And I made a right without paying attention. And got stuck at the train tracks. You never realize how many trains there are until you live next to tracks. So I pull up and wait. Bc you can't turn around, there's an island in the road and you're just stuck.

So I'm sitting there playing on my phone when my door opens?!?!? Some punk kid shoves a gun in my face, takes the phone right out of my hand and starts demanding stuff. I didn't have my purse on me, just my wallet. And it was like he didn't believe me. He pulled the slide (?) back on the gun, threatened me one more time and then took off.

That's when the shaking started. I got out of the car. Bc I'm an idiot. Then got back in and backed up the street and into my complex parking lot. There were two guys sitting out front who called the police for me bc by now I could barely speak. And then they let me use their phone to call home. I'm sure I scared my mom to death, she could barely understand me.

I didn't have to wait long for the police, they come real quick for armed robbery. I gave my statement and they said they were going to drive around looking for the guy.

I skyped with my family for a while as they tried to cancel my credit cards and everything for me. They were amazing. But of course I was supposed to be on a 6am flight to Chicago today. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the bank to open so I can get a temp debit card and trying to figure out what to do about a phone.

If you need me for the next few days, email and facebook are prob best option. Although being in Chicago I won't be tied to my computer like I usually am. And I don't have any credit cards to buy an ipad.

Seriously though. What did this kid actually get out of robbing me? I was driving a 10 year old Honda and he thought he would get a lot out of me? Nobody carries cash anymore. And within an hour I had canceled all my cards (that he hadn't used yet) and disabled my phone. He did get my brand new LV wallet. And I won't meet my deductible for this, so there's prob no replacing that. But come one. Is it really worth it?

Comments

  1. This is so crazy. I am glad that you are okay though. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I will definitely say a prayer for safety, security and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f