Skip to main content

Chiro

So for as long as I can remember, even back to when I was living in CT, I would wake up in the morning with a very stiff neck. It hurt. A lot. And finally I had had enough. I should do something about this.

So I turned to my friend google and found a local sports chiropractor online. I like for my doctors to have some sort of athletic-type background. I know I'm not an athlete anymore but I am still active and it's what I know.

Before I called to make an appointment, I went to check with some girls at work to see if anyone had ever been before. K said that she had and that her friend was a chiropractor and I should visit her. So I called last week to make the appointment and was shocked when the receptionist asked if I could come in that day at 4:00pm.

Well that turned out too good to be true. I showed up, got checked in, the nurse weighed me and went to take my blood pressure before asking me what I was in for. Chiropractor was apparently not the answer she was looking for. The dr. wasn't even in. So they rescheduled for the following day. I went back, same routine, but then I met the chiro. She seems nice. We talked about my issues, then I got heat and stim on my neck and then she went in for the adjustment.
I think I got adjusted once back in college. But I forgot what it was like. It's scary at first when they yank on your neck and your body is making all these cracking noises. And while I was sore for a little while I woke up the next morning with no pain!

The only downside to seeing a chiropractor is that it is not a one-and-done deal. This Thursday will be my third appointment. And at $45 a pop, it's more than I really want to be spending. Don't get me wrong, I feel great. But I've got big plans this month and they don't come cheap. She also recommended that I get a massage this week and get that tempur-pedic pillow I've been eyeing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...