Skip to main content

Bayou City Classic 10k

Saturday morning started off nice and early with my alarm going off at 6:00am. Now, if you know me, you know I am not a morning person. But I was picking K up at 6:30 to make it to E's house by 7:00 so that we could walk downtown to the start of the Bayou City Classic.

We made it downtown with minutes to spare and before we knew it, it was 8:00am and time for the 10k.

And much like Austin, I just wasn't feeling it. The Austin half was three weeks ago and besides this 10k race I think I only ran about four times. Oops. Two weeks left before my next half, I really should get to running.

Back to the 10k, the gun went off and we started from the back of the pack. The first mile-ish was in downtown and it was pretty crowded running on the streets. But once we hit Allen Parkway it opened up a bit. Have I mentioned yet that it was in the 60s with really high humidity? Always great weather for running. Not. I could handle the temps but that kind of humidity just sucks the life right out of me when I'm trying to run.

For almost the entire race I just wanted to stop and walk. But E only let me do that at the water stops. And being the uber-competitive person that I am, I couldn't let her get away from me. We got really excited around mile 5 when that mile split was faster than the one before it.

In the end, we ended up at just under 10:00 minute pace. Not the best of races, not the worst of races.

Rock 'n' Roll Dallas here we come.

Comments

  1. I need to get running again.. I'm embarassed to admit how long it's been.. eep!! However, you are motivation, even when you're not feeling it you run in that awesome time!! Man, I need to step up my gameeee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can do it too. I bring my clothes with me to work so that I have no excuse at the end of the day not to run (there's a park near my office). This works, most of the time at least.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...