Skip to main content

Week(end) Recap

I had been doing so well and now it's been over a week since I've last blogged. Work has been busy(ish) and obvi now I have Lola.

Last week was kind of a blur. I've put working out/running/yoga more on the back burner than it has been in the last few weeks to spend time with Lola. Knowing where she came from, I hate leaving her in her crate. It's something I'm going to have to work on. But. I did get in a few runs and a few yoga sessions.

I did four miles at the Social Run at Luke's Locker on Tuesday with one of my Ambassadors and we ran at a pretty comfortable clip. Polar was there demo'ing new watches so we each tried one. Looks pretty, but I didn't think it was that great. We both had problems pausing it at red lights and the way it was set up I couldn't see the distance I had run. Apparently that's something you can change, but in my opinion, for a demo, it should be set to that. I don't think I ran again until Saturday's 4 for the Park Brunch Run. It wasn't too bad. Every time I do a shorter run I tell myself that next time I am going to warm up a little so that my legs aren't so tight right out of the gate. And I'll say it again. Next time I really need to do at least a short warm up. But my pace ended up being not so bad. Went out a bit fast then calmed down. Did 8:20, 8:30, 8:40, 8:07.

I'm slowly taking the girls from work to meet Lola. K came over one day for lunch and E another. The day E came over, on the way into my place, we saw a baby opossum. So weird. She wanted to call another of our coworkers who she said would come and rescue it and take it to the vet or something. I just kept telling her not to touch it...you don't want to get rabies! It was gone by the time we left.

Lots of healthy dinners (now I just need to work on breakfast and lunch). I changed things up, slightly, on my birthday and made a rice bowl with seared ahi tuna. Not bad. Actually really good. Speaking of my birthday, on Tuesday's staff meeting we celebrated three of our birthdays with cupcakes and macaroons. And then, bc my bday is a national holiday, the office was closed on Friday. Ha. Just kidding, we were closed for Good Friday. Duh. I can't really remember what all I did that day now. There was a mani/pedi involved and lots of time with Lola. It was a good day.

Saturday was the Brunch Run. Time with Lola. Before running around and doing a bunch of errands. There was an appointment at the new Dry Bar on Westheimer, bc my birthday. And I loved the stylist I had, after some not so great appointments at the other location, this guy was amazing. But. They'yve only been open about a week and when I showed up their hot water heater was broken and the repair man knocked out some of the electricity. And I never got my mimosa. Whoops. At least my hair looked good. I waited for forever to think about dinner reservations for Saturday, so naturally everywhere I could think to go was packed. I mean. It was Easter weekend. So we ended up at some whole in the wall Mexican place, Spanish Flowers, and while the food was good and I had a good time, I wouldn't need to go back there again. Drinks at Little Woodrow's is always a good time. But it had been a long day and after one to many frozen woody's we called it a night.

Thankfully I did not have a major hangover on Sunday. Just a little one. And I stayed in bed until it went away. haha. Brunch at Local Pour, lots of naps and dinner at Cyclone Anaya's made for a pretty relaxing Easter. Then I took Monday off. Just for fun. Who doesn't love a four day weekend?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Good birthday weekend, decent Easter holiday and some relaxing time off.


She loves to nap on me.

Honey almond salmon, avocado and green beans...pretty tasty.

Get me out of here!

More salmon, brussel sprouts and harvest grain salad.

Lola is getting all the attention and Gordeaux is not impressed.

We celebrated 3 bdays at our staff meeting and mine was one of them.

Tried out a new watch at the social run...not a fan, couldn't figure out how to pause.

Why are you surprised there's salmon on this plate?

After the fun run with #HouMarathon Ambassador Lindsay

Baby opossum outside my place...

She does this all the time #PetMe

Ha. More salmon. Rice bowl goodness.

Nap time.

Look! I'm finally eating.

Shrimp super foods bowl at Adair Kitchen

Happy Birthday to us!

My first go with ahi tuna...it was good!

Just before the start of the 4 for the Park Brunch Run.

Not too bad after only running 2-3 days a week.

Easter brunch

More naps.

Easter dinner.

Work lunch on my day off.

Truffled egg salad. yum.

K's attempt to keep me on track hahaha

Lola says I don't need to shower or eat, I need to be her pillow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

New Goals - Lean

So I finally went back for my follow up body fat test last Tuesday. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew I had lost some weight and I could see more muscle definition, but I wasn't sure. I told myself I would be happy with anything under 30% since I was 33.8 the last time I went. So of course in the lead up to the test I had like 5 cheat meals. Insert eye roll here. Saturday was margaritas and Mexican for dinner. Sunday was brunch and champagne and pizza. And then Monday was more Mexican bc of Sunday. Whoops. Clearly I had to run Tuesday morning before the test. hahahaha Then at lunch time I headed over to visit Heather. The got a new machine that's so supposed to be even more accurate than the BodPod and you don't even have to strip down lol. So my new results were: Weight - 147.6 Body Fat - 27.8 So I lost 6.3 pounds and 6% body fat. Total time elapsed between tests was 16 weeks. This places me in the moderately lean category for women. Moving fo