Skip to main content

Weekend recap

Who am I and what have a I done with the real me? I went out every night this weekend. AND and and...I got a new car.


I had the Civic for 11 years! And put over 146,000 miles on it. It moved with me from PA to CO to IN to CT to TX and we had a good run but it was def time for a new ride. The Jeep Compass Limited. I have four doors for the first time since 2003 and my dashboard finally tells me how many miles I can drive until I run out of gas. And let's not forget that new car smell.

Back to the recap...I picked the twin up from my house Friday just before lunch so that we could head over to DryBar. Every time she's in town she wants to go, but next time she's here she may want to pick a new stylist bc her hair didn't last until Saturday night and she was not happy about that. Anyway...it also took a lot longer than normal so we grabbed Panera and headed back to my office til about 4. Where she cleaned my office. My boss now loves her. We went out that night to J Blacks's - one of my favorite and one of the few bars I've been to in Houston. After a few perfect pears it was time to call it a night.

Saturday started with brunch at Cedar Creek. Have you ever had a frozen mimosa? I hadn't either, but it was amazing. One though. I only let myself have one bc I had to test drive cars after brunch. First we went to a Ford dealer where I looked at an Escape. It rode nice. But after an 11 yr old Honda, everything is going to feel good. I wasn't immediately sold on it so we went over to the Jeep dealer by work. I test drove a basic Compass and was like...I'm gonna have to go back to Ford. There's no digital anything in this dash. I don't like it. But twin was in the back seat looking up vehicles online and found the Limited edition at River Oaks in the colors I was looking for and it had everything my car now has except the sun roof. Well, when my sales person heard this she really wanted to show me the Limited they had on site. And said she would work with me on the price. They came down several grand on the sticker and gave me way more on my trade in then I expected and were able to stick within my price range! But we were there forever. As soon as my brand new Jeep was ready, I had to dash home so Twin could pick up her things and then I dropped her at her hotel so that she could get ready for her work dinner.

Saturday was national margarita day so obviously we had to celebrate. Dinner at El Tiempo and then celebrating someone's birthday at Local Pour. I didn't think I had had too much to drink, but I did not want to get up for my run Sunday morning. At all. I didn't feel hungover, just tired I guess. I checked the weather - hello 99% humidity - and decided 10 miles was not going to happen. I left for the park shooting for five. During the first two miles I felt great and thought maybe I could do eight. And then I died. I bored and alone with no music and let myself cut out early. I ended up at 3.19 (too) slow miles. The iPod will be fully charged for today's run.

I'm also changing up my training program. Nike put out programs for this race and I went with the middle of the road one who's goal is a new pr. And I'm sure that would have been ok if I had started the program at the beginning. But jumping into it in the middle right after a half, and I'm just not there yet. So now I'm on the beginner plan which drives me crazy. Please call it something else. But  now my run for today is three miles instead of six.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

New Goals - Lean

So I finally went back for my follow up body fat test last Tuesday. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew I had lost some weight and I could see more muscle definition, but I wasn't sure. I told myself I would be happy with anything under 30% since I was 33.8 the last time I went. So of course in the lead up to the test I had like 5 cheat meals. Insert eye roll here. Saturday was margaritas and Mexican for dinner. Sunday was brunch and champagne and pizza. And then Monday was more Mexican bc of Sunday. Whoops. Clearly I had to run Tuesday morning before the test. hahahaha Then at lunch time I headed over to visit Heather. The got a new machine that's so supposed to be even more accurate than the BodPod and you don't even have to strip down lol. So my new results were: Weight - 147.6 Body Fat - 27.8 So I lost 6.3 pounds and 6% body fat. Total time elapsed between tests was 16 weeks. This places me in the moderately lean category for women. Moving fo