Skip to main content

Back in NYC

Last week I traveled to New York for the 2015 TCS NYC Marathon. I don't think I'd been in Manhattan since my days with NBCO. It was good to be back, but seeing as it was a work trip there was not much free time to be had.

I got in Thursday early afternoon, checked into my hotel and headed straight to the media center to pick up my credentials and check in with SPS, who was running things there and will be running things in my media center in January. We caught up for a few minutes and then I had to head back to my hotel to get some work done. The 50 blocks I walked in those few hours were going to have to count for the days run bc there was no way I was going on one.

Friday I spent the day working in the media center, helping with the elite athlete interviews and whatever else they needed. I got back to my hotel just in time to dump my computer off and head to a work dinner. Saturday was full of meetings. And Sunday was race day. I was up and at the media center by 6:30am. Worked straight through until about 2pm, walked back to the hotel, did a bit more work and then headed to the airport.

After being on my feet and sweating all morning, I was looking forward to just relaxing at the airport with two hours to go before my flight. But Newark must have thought it was cold or something because the heat was on full blast. I have never been so happy to board a plane before bc I knew air conditioning was coming. Had I know what was in store for me, I gladly would have stayed in the furnace.

Have you ever been the person on the plane who the flight attendants feel so bad for that they give you free booze? No? That was me on Sunday. In the row of three behind me there were two adults, one toddler and one infant. I don't know what was wrong with the baby, but he cried almost the entire four hour flight home. And his sibling? Yup, kicking my chair off and on the whole way too. Good times, so much for that nap.

I finally got home and by the time I got into bed it was almost 1:30am. I was looking forward to sleeping in a bit and going into work between 10-11am. But my apartment complex had other plans. Maintenance knocked on the door at 8:30am, they were finally replacing the floors in my kitchen and bathroom. And they went straight to work. Which means I had no access to a sink or shower. I quickly got dressed, threw my hair in a pony tail and grabbed my tooth brush on the way out the door.

It was a long few days, but I had a great time. And once I finally got a shower, I was much happier :)

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f