Skip to main content

Weekend recap

Saturday morning was supposed to be an 8 mile long run. Except it wasn't. Again. For the second weekend in a row I cut my long run short. I left the house at 8:30 and it was about 70 with 95% humidity. I've done runs like that in the past and, even though they're no fun, I've managed to get through them. I left the park at a 9:15 pace, and half a mile in I wanted to stop. I tried to slow down, but I'm horrible at pacing. I fought with myself for two miles, walking and running, before deciding to cut the run short. Half a mile from my car I finally started to feel better, but by then I was so in my head I just stopped at four.

I seriously thought about doing another four on the treadmill in the afternoon, but I just wasn't feeling it. So I ran some errands and then it was time for the rodeo. I'd never been before and a friend works a cook off tent there and got us all tickets. The food was good and the drinks were free. It was a good time.

Sunday was a very long day. Brunch at 11am for a friend's birthday with carafes of mimosas is never a bad way to start the day. Right after I walked in the door from that, K wanted to know if we wanted to go to J Black's to celebrate Texas Independence Day. Sure, why not. Drink specials with a few free drinks mixed in makes for a good afternoon. Home one more time before dinner time at El Tiempo to celebrate another friend getting his diploma. And you know what Mexican means - margaritas.

All that drinking and you would think I would pass right out when I finally went to bed. Not so much. I stared at the walls for most of the night. Which made work pretty interesting on Monday. But I pulled through and even still went for a run after work. And this is why I will never consider myself a distance runner. All those issues on my Saturday long run and I did four miles yesterday at 9:15 pace like it was nothing. wtf. It was freezing and not humid, so I'm sure that helped. But come on. Today I'm supposed to do six. But it's currently raining and 35 degrees. It does not look promising. Cold I can handle. Rain I can power through if I have to. But cold and rainy...I really just don't want to.


**Sidenote - I was just looking for pics from this weekend to post in here and, well, that's not going to happen. And I will def be running today now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 days

As of yesterday, it has been 15 business days since I submitted my paperwork to State Farm for all of the things that were stolen from my apartment. They have never reached out to me, but I have called them three times. First, with questions before I submitted my paperwork (this was when they told me they had 15 days to accept or reject my claim but that it "never takes that long"), then to see if they needed my new address since I was moving soon and finally last week to get an update on my claim status (this was when they told me they were just waiting on the police report which they had requested on August 16 and it only takes 3 or 4 days). Maybe they put a note in your file every time you call and make you wait that much longer before they finish your claim.  I just want to replace what was taken from me. According to Texas law, there are deadlines for insurance companies to act after you’ve filed a claim. They must accept or reject my claim within 15 days after m

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

The I can't believe it's been about seven months since the last time I posted a blog. Did you even notice I was gone? So much has happened in the time that I have been gone. I'm not sure I would be able to get the whole story out or even know where to start. The 2017 #HouMarathon, the twin's last chemo and radiation treatments, me accepting a new position with Susan G. Komen Houston, Aunt Sandy practically in remission, I lost Lola, I got Jewels, my second trip to Denver, my little sister's wedding...the list goes on and on. It's been a very rocky eight months. Personally, professionally, any way you want to look at. But I'm moving into a great place in my life right now and that's all I can ask for.  I was devastated just over a month ago when I lost Lola. She was having trouble breathing one night and by lunch the next day the vet had told me there was nothing they could do. Tumor in her left atrium. I  had to let her go that afternoon. 

New Goals - Lean

So I finally went back for my follow up body fat test last Tuesday. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew I had lost some weight and I could see more muscle definition, but I wasn't sure. I told myself I would be happy with anything under 30% since I was 33.8 the last time I went. So of course in the lead up to the test I had like 5 cheat meals. Insert eye roll here. Saturday was margaritas and Mexican for dinner. Sunday was brunch and champagne and pizza. And then Monday was more Mexican bc of Sunday. Whoops. Clearly I had to run Tuesday morning before the test. hahahaha Then at lunch time I headed over to visit Heather. The got a new machine that's so supposed to be even more accurate than the BodPod and you don't even have to strip down lol. So my new results were: Weight - 147.6 Body Fat - 27.8 So I lost 6.3 pounds and 6% body fat. Total time elapsed between tests was 16 weeks. This places me in the moderately lean category for women. Moving fo