Skip to main content

Weekend recap

Saturday morning was supposed to be an 8 mile long run. Except it wasn't. Again. For the second weekend in a row I cut my long run short. I left the house at 8:30 and it was about 70 with 95% humidity. I've done runs like that in the past and, even though they're no fun, I've managed to get through them. I left the park at a 9:15 pace, and half a mile in I wanted to stop. I tried to slow down, but I'm horrible at pacing. I fought with myself for two miles, walking and running, before deciding to cut the run short. Half a mile from my car I finally started to feel better, but by then I was so in my head I just stopped at four.

I seriously thought about doing another four on the treadmill in the afternoon, but I just wasn't feeling it. So I ran some errands and then it was time for the rodeo. I'd never been before and a friend works a cook off tent there and got us all tickets. The food was good and the drinks were free. It was a good time.

Sunday was a very long day. Brunch at 11am for a friend's birthday with carafes of mimosas is never a bad way to start the day. Right after I walked in the door from that, K wanted to know if we wanted to go to J Black's to celebrate Texas Independence Day. Sure, why not. Drink specials with a few free drinks mixed in makes for a good afternoon. Home one more time before dinner time at El Tiempo to celebrate another friend getting his diploma. And you know what Mexican means - margaritas.

All that drinking and you would think I would pass right out when I finally went to bed. Not so much. I stared at the walls for most of the night. Which made work pretty interesting on Monday. But I pulled through and even still went for a run after work. And this is why I will never consider myself a distance runner. All those issues on my Saturday long run and I did four miles yesterday at 9:15 pace like it was nothing. wtf. It was freezing and not humid, so I'm sure that helped. But come on. Today I'm supposed to do six. But it's currently raining and 35 degrees. It does not look promising. Cold I can handle. Rain I can power through if I have to. But cold and rainy...I really just don't want to.


**Sidenote - I was just looking for pics from this weekend to post in here and, well, that's not going to happen. And I will def be running today now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...