Skip to main content

Vanity (review)

We had an event last night for work, a Hall of Fame dinner, that required cocktail attire. No problems there, I have plenty of dresses. However, I am not the best at doing my own hair. I had been thinking about getting my hair cut for weeks, so I called yesterday morning and made an appointement for just after lunch.

Being new here, I wasn't sure where to go. So I asked my coworkers where they go. Vanity on San Felipe. It's a nice looking, upscale sort of place. An Aveda salon. Obviously I don't know the stylists, so I made my appointment based solely on time. And I ended up with Shadya.

She seemed nice and I explained to her exactly what I wanted - basically a long bob, showing her the pic below - telling her that I was just getting past the stage where my hair flips out at the bottom (I hate that). I know a flat iron will make my hair do what I want, but I'm not a stylist and I usually don't like the way it turns out.
My appointment was for 1:15 and I got out of there around 2:30. My hair looked nice when I left, but the ends were flipping out. I hoped maybe that was just the way she had styled it as I didn't have time to really look at it. I had to get back to work. Fast forward to later that night when I was getting ready for the dinner and fixing my hair...that's when I noticed there was a layer around my head about two inches shorter than the rest of my hair. This will virtually ensure that my hair will flip out until it grows out. Now maybe it's just me, but I don't see that kind of layering in the pic above. If my hair can't do that, she should have told me. I would have accepted that. But she told me we could do that cut and that's not what I came away with.

(this is at dinner last night.)


I wanted to email the salon (bc I hate confrontation and its easier for me to write these things out) but of course they don't have an email address listed. But really the only solution I see to my haircut is to cut everything the length of the layer. which would give me another bob!

Time to call them and see what they have to say...I'll keep  you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...