Skip to main content

Update 4.18.16

Since the office is closed bc of all the rain today, I finally have time/want to write an update. I've been gone for a minute bc I wanted/needed to walk away for a bit.

Anywho...last weekend I finally really celebrated my birthday on Saturday...with some good people and a lot of champagne. Max's Wine Dive for dinner (love that place, great brunch), Stone's Throw for drinks (another fave) and Pistoleros late night bc well Pistoleros. Sunday was super lazy. Stayed in bed forever, wandered around for a few hours before heading to an engagement party for friends. Super cute couple, so happy for them.

Since we're still in the middle of my use-or-lose vacation day, I had two days off mid-week last week. Wednesday was spent having all the fun and I tried to make up for it on Thursday. Dish Society is now one of my favorite happy hours. $15 bottles of prosecco and pretzels with gouda queso. Yes please. Which is probably why I cut my Thursday morning run short. That, the margaritas and just generally being hungry haha. So after a healthy lunch and maybe a nap I went to Memorial for another run later that night. Oh that's what else I did Thursday. I have been looking for pillows for my "new" couch since I got it. And I finally bit the bullet and bought some. I love pillows. I want them all. But come on. They are so expensive.

Catching up with Gmoney at lunch on Friday was good. Had never been to Bramble on Voss before - the burger was so good. All the wine at dinner with friends that night made for an early night. Saturday was more running, I sat outside for an hour I think and then did some much needed cleaning in my place. Went to Pistoleros that night to watch the Glory fights and, early on, was told you have to order food! when S found out I hadn't eaten yet that day. whoops. The fights were good, then we went to El Tiempo for dinner bc we always need more Mexican and margaritas. After another early, shitty run on Sunday I wandered around town for a while - Kuhl & Linscomb, Marshalls, Target, all my favorites - before another quick nap and Sunday pizza at Whole Foods. If you've never been to WF and had a pizza made fresh, sat at the bar with a beer and ate...you totally should.

With over seven inches of rain in my neighborhood in the last 24 hours, the office is closed today. In fact, most of Houston I think is closed today. It was nice to watch the Boston Marathon from my couch, but the race is over and now I'm bored. I would say it's time for brunch, but I'm pretty sue driving may not be a good idea. Either way, I'm back now and will be posting on the semi-regular...when I feel like it.

In the meantime, here's my week in pics...

She knows she's not supposed to be up there...

The only picture from my bday dinner night...Twin wanted to see before I went out haha

Ate all the carbs at a work luncheon

Healthy foods + beer = good Weds off

Bc who doesn't need a wine growler

Dish Society happy hour = 5 bottles of prosecco

Margaritas are always a good idea


Fit Fuel burrito ftw

Died on my morning run, so ran another 3 at the park with S

Why are throw pillows so expensive? Pretty tho

Bed time

Lunch with Gmoney at Bramble...so. good.

More margaritas. Bc duh

Such a weirdo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...