Skip to main content

Back in NYC

Last week I traveled to New York for the 2015 TCS NYC Marathon. I don't think I'd been in Manhattan since my days with NBCO. It was good to be back, but seeing as it was a work trip there was not much free time to be had.

I got in Thursday early afternoon, checked into my hotel and headed straight to the media center to pick up my credentials and check in with SPS, who was running things there and will be running things in my media center in January. We caught up for a few minutes and then I had to head back to my hotel to get some work done. The 50 blocks I walked in those few hours were going to have to count for the days run bc there was no way I was going on one.

Friday I spent the day working in the media center, helping with the elite athlete interviews and whatever else they needed. I got back to my hotel just in time to dump my computer off and head to a work dinner. Saturday was full of meetings. And Sunday was race day. I was up and at the media center by 6:30am. Worked straight through until about 2pm, walked back to the hotel, did a bit more work and then headed to the airport.

After being on my feet and sweating all morning, I was looking forward to just relaxing at the airport with two hours to go before my flight. But Newark must have thought it was cold or something because the heat was on full blast. I have never been so happy to board a plane before bc I knew air conditioning was coming. Had I know what was in store for me, I gladly would have stayed in the furnace.

Have you ever been the person on the plane who the flight attendants feel so bad for that they give you free booze? No? That was me on Sunday. In the row of three behind me there were two adults, one toddler and one infant. I don't know what was wrong with the baby, but he cried almost the entire four hour flight home. And his sibling? Yup, kicking my chair off and on the whole way too. Good times, so much for that nap.

I finally got home and by the time I got into bed it was almost 1:30am. I was looking forward to sleeping in a bit and going into work between 10-11am. But my apartment complex had other plans. Maintenance knocked on the door at 8:30am, they were finally replacing the floors in my kitchen and bathroom. And they went straight to work. Which means I had no access to a sink or shower. I quickly got dressed, threw my hair in a pony tail and grabbed my tooth brush on the way out the door.

It was a long few days, but I had a great time. And once I finally got a shower, I was much happier :)

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...