Skip to main content

Feeling my way

"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where it starts
They tell me I'm too young to understand, they say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes, Well that's fine by me"



I was reading A Day in the Life of a Hockey Wife the other day and found myself nodding in agreement when she spoke of why she hasn't been blogging lately.

Now, clearly, I am not a hockey wife. But once upon a time I thought I might end up one (and it was during that time that I found this blog). But that's another story. And one that I've never shared with this blog.

And it got me started thinking about what I don't share with this blog. I share a good deal, some of it extremely personal, but most of it not. To an extent, I know who reads my blog. Family, friends, people I work with. I've always been a very private person. But living so far away from home I started this blog so everyone would know what was going on in my life.

But mostly I post the sunshine and rainbows part of my life. With the exception of my two, yes two, robberies. I don't talk about my relationships, or lack thereof at the moment. Only once in a while will I write about what's going on at work. I have all these unpublished posts that, to me, are far too personal to share with the world. Because you never know who's reading.


But I do love to blog. I feel bad if I go several days without writing a post. Maybe one day I will talk about everything, completely lose my censor, but let's start small first. 

My life is slow out here. Super busy at work at the moment, but that's all that's going on my life right now. That is to say, I have no life outside of work. Because when you're a grown adult and you move to a new city, let's face it, it's not that easy to make friends.

In Indy it was easy. First it was the interns, then the other people in the office who moved into town for work and finally meeting people at Ann Taylor bc I had to have a second job. Stamford was less easy, it took a little longer, but it was a cute city and oh, so close to NYC. In Houston there are only 10 other people in the office. And they all have family, roots, friends here already. With the exception of the ED, everyone is from Texas.


But right now, right at this moment, I want to be alone. I like being alone. But. That doesn't mean that I'm not lonely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...