Skip to main content

Weekend recap

I love a good three day weekend. Even if I was too busy to relax during most of it.

Saturday was my move! And I was so anxious on Friday night about getting everything done. But I would say I was 97% done when it was time to go on Saturday morning. But first I had to meet up with E and our running group for a 7 mile run. What was I thinking?

Anyone need a few boxes?
I thought I had given a good deal of my clothes away last year. A trunk full of clothes, two rollers and a carry on suggest otherwise.
Anyway, I got home from the run at 9am and had to pick up my Uhaul at 10am. So I quick took out the trash and then loaded all of the small stuff into the trunk of my car. With just enough time to squeeze in a quick shower (I was dripping wet after the run, it was so hot), I was off to pick up the truck.

Ready to go.
I got there right on time...but my truck wasn't back from the previous rental! The dude was supposed to return the truck at 9:30 and he showed up at 10:45! I was not happy. Especially having to stand for 45 minutes. My legs were so tired from the run already and I still had a lot of work to do. But, bc they didn't have my rental ready I will get $50 back. So that's pretty cool. Unfortunately, this whole time my friends were waiting back at my place to help me move. And they couldn't even get inside bc I had the keys, so they had to sit outside in the heat.

I finally get back and we load up the truck. Thankfully it doesn't take to long and my friends are much better at tetris than I am. Now it's time to move it all over to the new place and luckily A's husband volunteered to drive the truck over. It wasn't the driving that worried me so much as the backing in to the loading dock.

We are just starting to unload the truck when some random guys comes over and says he "reserved" the loading dock from 10:30-12:30 and he's paying his movers by the hour and could he please go first. One - nobody told me I had to reserve the loading dock. And two - it's 12:20. You're late. Someone had the brilliant idea to unload everything onto the loading dock and then move the truck so they could get in. We unloaded the truck in 4  minutes!

We ended up getting all of my things upstairs, had breakfast and got my bed put together before they were done unloading their truck. They had a lot of stuff. And it looked really expensive. No idea how they fit it all into a one bedroom, but I guess that's their problem.

After I took the truck back, I went to my old place one last time and then turned in the keys. Of course, I later realized I think I left my pyrex cookware under the stove but I'm going to email them and hopefully get it back.

Being up for 12 hours already at this point when I got back to my place, I tried to take a nap but I could not fall asleep. So annoying. So I unpacked some, watched some tv and went to bed early (for me). I honestly don't remember much what I did on Sunday. There was more unpacking, a target run and more tv. Before I had to get up way early on Monday to volunteer at a local road race. But more on that tomorrow with a full race recap.


Seeing as how it was a holiday weekend in the summer, I felt a cheeseburger was in order.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend

I love weekends. I wish they were longer...doesn't everybody? It was quite the lazy weekend too, being that it was so hot out. I ran Sunday...kind of. It was so hot, I hadn't had enough water, or food for that matter, so I cut my run short. And then we opted to eat out instead of cooking. I really need to cook this week. And maybe not drink. Except I have half a bottle of red left over from last night's Bachelorette finale fiesta with E.  Monday. Oh Monday. Cancelled my run once again when the car told me it was 102 outside. Can't wait to be able to run in the mornings. Last night was the Bachelorette season finale so E came over for dinner and some wine. I now love sweet potatoes and I may have had a little too much to drink. And then decided it was a good time to update my iOS on my iphone. I'm still trying to get my phone back to where it should be. It made me do a complete restore, then I couldn't restore from a current backup and when I was f...

Rock n Roll Dallas recap

We arrived in late Dallas Friday afternoon. When we had left Houston, it was a balmy 87 and four hours later when we stepped out of the car in Dallas is was 53! Talk about a temperature drop. Saturday we went over to expo to get registered and pick up our bibs. The expo was pretty cool, lots to look at, but it took a hot minute to figure out how to get out of there which maybe was the point. By the time we went to dinner on Saturday everybody was a little concerned about the weather for Sunday's race.  They were saying it was supposed to be about 41 at the start with winds at 25-30 miles per hour and gusting to 45mph! E and A wanted to wear long sleeves while K was still talking about running in a singlet. I was on the fence. I didn't have any throw away clothes with me so if I wore a long sleeve top I would have to keep it on the whole time. In the end I stuck with my normal short sleeves and gloves. Sleep Saturday night was fitful and by the time the alarm went off I w...

Foodie recap

I love to cook. And I love to cook for other people. I may not stray too far on my menu, ok people have said I cook way too much salmon, but at least I mix up the recipes some times? All right, so I probably eat salmon 3-5 nights a week and when I'm not eating salmon I'm eating Mexican. This is Texas. But I should branch out every once in a while. I need some new dishes. Who has suggestions? Everyone once in a while, we make filets...but that can get expensive so it's usually only on special occasions - like holidays...or if it goes on sale. I've made scallops before, so good, but also expensive. I also want to stay relatively healthy. It's ok to go off the reservation and eat what I want once in a while, but I should not be doing it as much as I have been lately. Sooo...here's what I've been eating lately... Chicken fajitas I feel like there must be a veggie missing from this plate... Chicken fajitas take two Happy Mother...